- TravelPerk raises $160M in equity and debt after a year of derailed business trips
- Fundamental Mistakes To Avoid When Selling Your Business
- Estimating The Fair Value Of 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. (NASDAQ:FLWS)
- Vectra AI Raises $130 Million at $1.2 Billion Valuation
- interVal Announces Closing of $1.5 Million Seed Capital Investment
- Indianapolis-based Castle Wealth Advisors acquired by Kansas firm
- Q&A: Jeff Manas on Launching JLL’s Latest Valuation Advisory Line
- Six Tips for Handling Key Issues in Tricky Bankruptcy Valuations
- Tips and Techniques for Detecting Misrepresentations in Business Interruption Claims
- Not All Business Valuation Experts Are Created Equal
- Chris Curtin, At-risk children’s advocate ready to roll up his sleeves by joining the board of Child and Family Connections
- Three Seminars in April & May throughout Florida
- June 2010 | Nick Rodites leads Bankers Advocate’s new Central Florida office
- Chris’ Article in the March 24-7 Digital Magazine, pages 66-67
“Can I Finally Sell My Business?”
- Chris’ Article in the February 24-7 Digital Magazine, pages 76-77
“Is it Time to Sell the Family Business?”
- Chris’ Article in the January 24-7 Digital Magazine, pages 82-83
“The Steps to Exiting Business Ownership”.
- Chris’ Article in the December 24-7 Digital Magazine, pages 90-91
“Taking Control of your Sales”.
- Chris’ Article in the November 24-7 Digital Magazine, pages 86-87
“Having Trouble Selling Your Business?”
- Chris’ Article in the October 24-7 Digital Magazine, pages 64-65
“Buying a Business for Your Kids? Think twice…”
- Spring 2009 Newsletter
- Bankers Advocate now has a new Blog, The Entrepreneurs Advocate. Please visit it for more timely thoughts and up to the minute information on Mergers & Acquisitions.
- June 2008 Seminar Excerpt “What Buyers Look For”
- July 2007 Newsletter
- Designing a Business Exit Strategy and Initiating a Turnaround: Mutually Exclusive? An article in May 2006 Business Journal
- June 2005 Newsletter
- January 2005 Newsletter
Florida Businessman Receives “Outstanding Contribution” Award From Turnaround Management Association
SEPTEMBER 30, 2002
(TMA HQ Chicago) – September 30, 2002 – Chris Curtin, outgoing president of the Florida Chapter, has been named as the 2002 winner of the “Outstanding Individual Contribution” award from the Turnaround Management Association (TMA). This award is given to an individual whose dedication and commitment have made a lasting contribution not only to TMA but also to the corporate renewal industry. Curtin will receive the award at TMA’s annual conference at The Broadmoor, Colorado Springs, Colorado, October 23-26, 2002. TMA, with 7,000 members in 31 regional and international chapters, is the premier professional community dedicated to corporate renewal and turnaround management.
Curtin was Vice President at Bankers Mutual Capital Corporation in North Palm Beach, Florida Pride. He currently is COO of Bankers Advocate Group, a Boutique Merger & Acquisition firm based in Jupiter, Florida Pride. He had served as president of the Florida Chapter of TMA for nearly five years and is a member of TMA’s international Board of Directors and was on the Chapter President’s Council.
When nominated for the award, Curtin was cited for “almost single-handedly” saving two TMA Florida chapters from “near oblivion” and for his “tireless effort to recruit members.” He combined the two failing groups and expanded meeting locations into Orlando and Tampa. Quality lunch speakers, joint meetings with other organizations, and a golf outing successfully raised awareness of TMA’s presence in the area and helped recruit new members. The Florida Chapter has grown to 200 members, which now has “an excellent balance of lenders, turnaround specialists, accountants, and lawyers.” His nomination states that without his efforts, “there would probably still not be a successful TMA chapter in Florida.”
The nomination also praises Curtin’s professional life as “an important cog in the lending wheel.” Considered a “lender of the downtrodden,” Bankers Mutual Capital Corporation was a Factoring and Purchase Order funding company and served the niche of the market other lenders generally avoid. Bankers Mutual allowed startup companies and those currently losing money to continue doing business. Mr. Curtin’s current company, Bankers Advocate Group helps entrepreneurs design both successful Entering and Exiting strategies from business ownership.
Turnaround Management Association (www.turnaround.org) is the only international non-profit association dedicated to corporate renewal and turnaround management. With international headquarters in Chicago, TMA’s 7,000 members in 31 regional chapters comprise a professional community of turnaround practitioners, attorneys, accountants, investors, lenders, venture capitalists, accountants, appraisers, liquidators, executive recruiters, and consultants. Members adhere to a Code of Ethics specifying high standards of professionalism, integrity, and competence. Its Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP) program recognizes professional excellence and provides an objective measure of expertise related to workouts, restructurings and corporate renewal.